From Hindupedia, the Hindu Encyclopedia
By Swami Harshananda
Nidhana literally means ‘finale’.
Classification of Sāmans
- Prastāva - It is chanted by prastotṛ.
- Udgītha - It is chanted by udgātṛ.
- Pratihāra - It is chanted by prati-hartṛ.
- Upadrava - It is chanted by udgātṛ.
- Nidhana - It is chanted by prastotṛ, udgātṛ and prati-hartṛ.
Interjections of Nidhana
Nidhana, the last, contains interjections like:
- Handful means muṣṭi.
- Vedi means sacrificial altar.
- The Concise Encyclopedia of Hinduism, Swami Harshananda, Ram Krishna Math, Bangalore