By Paramahamsa Yati Jiyar,
(I have referred to this stotra at http://lordnarasimhadeva.blogspot.com/2010/03/sri-nrisimhashtakam.html)
1. Shrimad akalanka paripurna shashikoti Shridhara manohara satapata kanta Palaya krupalaya bhavambudhi nimagnam Daitya vara kala Narasimha Narasimha
Oh Narasimha, Oh Narasimha, who is the death to great Asura, Who is like billions of full moons without any stains, And who carries Lakshmi , who is pretty and has a flowing mane, Please protect me from this ocean of birth and death , Oh store house of mercy.
2. Pada kamala vanata paathaki janaanam Pathaka dhavanala pathatri vara keto Bhaavana parayana bhaavarti harayaa mam Pahi kripayaiva Narasimha Narasimha
Please show me your mercy, Oh Narasimha, Oh Narasimha, Who is the forest fire that burns all the sins committed by sinners, If they bow down to your holy lotus flower like feet, And who has a Garuda flag on his chariot ,who is the cause of creation, And the best shelter ,Please help me remove the problems of the birth and death.
3. Tunga nakha pankti-dalithasura varasrik Panka nava kunkuma vipankila mhoraha Pandita nidhana kamlalaya namaste Pankaja nishanna Narasimha Narasimha
Oh Narasimha, Oh Narasimha , who lives in a lotus, Your out stretched nails tore open the entails of the asura, And the blood out of him fell on your chest , making , It appear as if Kumkum has been applied on your chest, My salutations to you who is the residence of learned as well as Lakshmi.
4. Maulishu vibhushana mivamara varanam Yogi hridayeshu cha sirassu nigamanaam Rajaa aravinda ruchiram pada yugam they Dehi mama murdhni Narasimha Narasimha
Oh Narasimha , Oh Narasimha please keep Your twin lotus like feet on my head, Though it is kept on the crowns of the helmets of gods, And also on the heart of sages and on the Veda books.
5. Vaarija vilochana madh antima dasaayam Klesha vivashikrita samasta karanayam Yehi ramaya saha sharanya vihaganam Nadha madhiruhya narasimha Narasimha
Oh Narasimha, Oh Narasimha , along with Lakshmi, Come riding on the Garuda , the king of birds, At the time when all my senses are suffering in distress, At the time of death, Oh lotus eyed one,
6. Haataka kirita varahara vanamala Taara rashana makara kundala manindrai, Bhushitam ashesha nilayam tava vapurme Chethasi chakaasthu Narasimha Narasimha
Oh Narasimha, Oh Narasimha, Your divine body, Wearing a pretty blessed crown , forest garland, And fish like gem studded ear studs shining like stars, Lives in the unapproachable residence of yours.
7. Indu ravi pavaka vilochana ramayaa Mandira mahabhuja lasadvara rathanga Sundara chiraaya ramataam tvayi mano me Nandita suresha narasimha Narasimha
Oh Narasimha, Oh Narasimha, who is honoured by Indra, Let my mind play on your very pretty form, Which has moon , sun and fire as eyes, Which is the temple of Goddess Lakshmi, And which holds in the great hands the holy wheel.
8. Madhava mukunda madhusudana murare Vamana nrisimha sharanam bhava nathaanam Kamada ghrinin nikhila karana nayeyam Kaalam amaresha narasimha narasimha
Oh Narasimha, Oh Narasimha , Oh Mukunda, Oh killer of Madhu, Oh killer of Mura, Oh Vamana, Oh Narasimha who is the sheler, To all those people who have surrendered, Oh Lord of devas , Oh cause of all causes, Fulfill my desires and do not neglect me., Who is passing all his life chanting your names.
9. Ashtakam idam sakala pataka bhayaghnam Kamadam ashesha duritamaya ripughnam yah pathi santhatham ashesha nilayam they. Gacchati padam sa narasimha Narasimha
This octet destroys the fear of great sins, Fulfills all desires, speedily destroys enemies, And they will attain the abode of that lord, Where he would be sleeping on the sesha snake.