By Swami Harshananda
Sanskrit or sanskṛta is not only an ancient language but also very rich in its various aspects of grammar, poetics and literature. Daṇḍin was one of the earliest writers on poetics. He probably lived in the Vidarbha region of Maharashtra. Three works are attributed to him. They are:
- Kāvyādarśa - It is poetics
- Daśa-kumāracarita - It is a collection of romantic tales
- Chandoviciti - It is prosody
- He lived in 6th century A. D.
- The Concise Encyclopedia of Hinduism, Swami Harshananda, Ram Krishna Math, Bangalore