From Hindupedia, the Hindu Encyclopedia
By Swami Harshananda
Yogavighnas literally means ‘hindrances to yoga’.
- Bhoga - enjoyment
- Dharma - ritualism
- Jñāna - intellectual knowledge
- Divāsupti - sleeping during daytime
- Viṣamāsanadoṣa - defects of āsanas
- Sanśaya - doubts
- Pramattatā - conceit
- Ālasya - laziness
- Nidrā - excessive sleep
- Bhrānti - anomalous understanding
- Strīlaulya - sexuality
- Mṛgatṛṣṇā - illusory and vain desires
- Yoga means concentration and meditation leading to God-realization or liberation.
- Śivasamhitā 5.1
- Yogakundali Upaniṣad 1.56 to 61
- Yogatattva Upaniṣad 30, 31
- He lived in 200 B.C.
- Yogasutras 1.30 and 31
- The Concise Encyclopedia of Hinduism, Swami Harshananda, Ram Krishna Math, Bangalore